Thursday, December 6, 2007

Watching all the cars go by, roaring as the breezes

Trains bombed with words, here and there around Italy:


I dance to the beat, shuffle my feet
Wear a shirt and tie and run with the creeps
'Cause it's all about money, ain't a damn thing funny
You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey


They push that girl in front of a train
Took her to a doctor, sowed the arm on again
Stabbed that man, right in his heart
Gave him a transplant before a brand new start

I can't walk through the park,
'Cause its crazy after the dark
Keep my hand on the gun, 'cause they got me on the run


I feel like an outlaw, broke my last fast jaw
Hear them say you want some more,
Livin' on a seesaw

Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under


- Grandmaster Flash, The Message

No comments: